S. Paul’s in Context

returrn to Contact

S. Paul’s, has always had close links with the neighbouring Anglo-Catholic parishes.  

The parish of S Paul is currently combined with the parish of S Michael & All Angels in a single Benefice.

The church of S Michael & All Angels (1862) was initially linked by its first priest having been a curate at S. Paul’s for 11 years under Fr. Arthur Wagner. The churches of The Annunciation (1864) and S Bartholomew’s (1872) are under the patronage of the Wagner Trustees and in early days were served by priests from S Paul’s.  S Paul’s now has the Society for the Maintenance of the Faith as patrons.

Other churches of the same tradition with whom there have long been close links include S Barnabas, Hove, and S Martin’s, Brighton, which was founded by Fr. Arthur Wagner and his family in memory of their father, Fr. Henry Wagner. Neighbouring churches include S Nicholas and the Chapel Royal.

S Paul’s – Philip Randall 2005

◄ return to top of page

returrn to Contact